Friday 22 March 2013

Jose Mourinho picks Didier Drogba as the best player he's managed

Jose Mourinho has named Chelsea legend Didier Drogba as the best player he has ever managed.
Mourinho snapped up Drogba from Marseille upon his arrival at Chelsea in 2004 for £24 million, and together the pair helped the Blues claim their first league title in 50 years during their first season at the club.
The "Special One' went on to win claim the Premier League title for a second successive year in 205 with the help of Drogba, whose own Chelsea career came to an end last summer after he had helped the Blues win the Champions League against Bayern Munich.
The Portuguese boss went on to guide Inter Milan to Champions League glory in 2010 after leaving Chelsea while he currently manages a galaxy of stars at Real Madrid.
Mourinho will come up against his former charge when Real Madrid take on Galatasaray in the Champions League quarter-finals next month, and was present to watch the Turkish side in action against Kayserispor over the weekend.
Despite the fact he's managed some of the greatest players of the planet including Cristiano Ronaldo, Mourinho highlighted Drogba as the best he's ever seen.
He told Real Madrid TV: "You have given me the chance to say that these types of things you see in the press don’t bother me, because Drogba knows who I am and what I feel in my heart for him, but maybe people could think they were true.
"Picture this: I go to Turkey, I’m working, I watch the match, I head off before the end and then there are statements from me saying bad things about Drogba.
"I’m not going to say that he is my favourite player because I have had a lot of truly special players, but if I had to choose one I might go for Didier."
"As a player he is out of this world. I would like to have him by my side, so just imagine.
"It’s impossible that I would talk bad about Drogba. There is no problem because he knows that the last thing I would do is to say anything negative about my relationship with him."
Categories: